Notice those dresses with no shape and puffy sleeves? Steer clear. Leading formal wear retailer PromGirl
releases top tips for prom dress shopping this prom season. With so many styles of long and short dresses from high fashion to classic ball gown to choose from, PromGirl offers these tips to make the shopping experience.
Shopping a prom dress can be a memorable, fun experience. Each year PromGirl shoppers find their perfect prom dress from PromGirl's online selection of designer and classic prom dresses in the hottest styles and colors. PromGirl is all about prom, and here are ten shopping and dressing tips to help get ready for that perfect prom:
1. Find a dress that fits. Not everyone is shaped alike. Girls are petite, plus size, hourglass figured, sleek, and tall. PromGirl groups into categories by body type the hottest styles for prom. Every girl can find a dress to fit and flatter her body type.
2. Wear a complementary color. If you crave that sexy red dress, but red is not your color, check to see if it is available in another color. This year's hottest colors are not colors at all. They are gorgeous bronze, silver and gold metallic fabrics. Select the metallic tone goes best with your hair and skin for a smashing 2007 prom look.
3. Shoes can make the outfit. Have a tall date? A short one? Find shoes to match. PromGirl has many styles to choose from -- everything from high-heeled strappy shoes to ballet flats that will match any dress, and any date. Don't forget to get some practice wearing those new shoes before the big night. You don't want sore feet to mar your big night.
4. A flattering neckline presents a classic and dramatic look. Strapless dresses show off beautiful collarbones, while halter top dresses can show an open back or a dramatic v-neck can accentuate a beautiful bust line. As you select your neckline, be sure to accentuate your best attribute.
5. Choose what to show off. Every woman has a feature she is confident showing off, and PromGirl has a dress that will do just that. If you have long lean legs, choose a long sleek dress or a pretty face draw attention upwards with a dress with detailing at the top.
6. Accessorize. If the weather is still cool when prom is held plan ahead. For cooler weather, PromGirl has beautiful shawls to match prom dresses and keep shoulders warm. Jewelry choices and handbags bring added flair to a formal dress.
7. Prepare for prom activities. Dinner before? Party after? Find a dress that is appropriate for every aspect of the night from PromGirl and be prepared to change from that full-skirted ball gown to a shorter dress later in the night.
8. Bring a camera. Keeping the photos and memories made on prom night is as important as looking good in them.
9. Plan hair and makeup early. If you plan to have your hair and makeup done professionally, be sure to make an appointment early. In prom season many salons are very busy. Do be sure to share with your stylist any pertinent information about your planned dress so that your makeup and nails will complement your dress and shoes.
10. Remember to have fun. Have a great time getting ready for and at the prom! Plan ahead and make the evening fun.PromGirl
Vice President Kim Broomall adds that "getting ready for prom is almost as fun as the dance itself. Young women keep their prom memories forever, and we at PromGirl want to help make prom 2007 a memory that they will want to last forever."
New York, NY (PRWEB
) March 21, 2007RELATED ARTICLES:
Celebrity Jewelry: Forget Bling, Bring Back Pearls!
20% Off Your Favourite Designer Collection At Standardstyle.com
13 Most Common Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Night!
6 Tips and Tricks For A Red Carpet Look