Feng Shui And Romance - Using The Ancient Art To Enhance Your Romantic Space
"If your love life needs a quick boost, you can use the art of placement to produce the romantic results you desire." Heidi Richards
Feng Shui (pronounced fung shway) is the ancient Asian practice of object arrangement and space planning designed to bring balance, harmony and well-being to your environment. Its purpose is to enhance prosperity, creative, health and romance. Feng Shui fortifies a home with positive energy known as chi. The attainment of positive chi is both an art and a blessing to those who manifest that chi. The word "feng" means wind and "shui" means water, each one associated with a good harvest and ultimate good health or good fortune.
If your love life needs a quick boost, you can use the art of placement to produce the romantic results you desire. Relationships need the proper environment to grow. They need the balance of the five elements, too much or too little will find the romance wither. Here are some Feng Shui tips to enhance your romantic space:
1. The first thing you must do is remove clutter out of your romance area (generally this is the bedroom). That means you must remove trash, dirty ashtrays, dead plants and nothing should be stored under the bed. Dust and cobwebs on the fans, walls, light fixtures and ceilings should be cleaned away.
2. Enhance your space with romance colors, such as shades of pinks, reds and whites. Guys, this does not mean it has to be feminine. You can use maroon, grayish tones of pinks and whites to achieve the same results. The key is to not use any one color so much that it overpowers the others. Other good colors include browns, beiges, lavenders, yellows and deeper shades of those are appropriate.
3. If you keep flowers in the room (an excellent way to attract romance into your life), make sure they are always fresh. At the first sign of wilting, toss them out. Silk flowers are an okay alternative, provided they are free of dust. Absolutely no dried flowers as they signify death. Also, make sure the roses are de-thorned. Nothing prickly such as cactus, unless your goal is to break-up.
4. In Feng Shui a Relationship Alter positively stimulates a relationship. Designate a special place in your romance area in which to put items that will encourage a healthy, loving relationship. Things to include in your relationship altar can include a heart shaped pink crystal quartz, a pair of candles, mandarin ducks.
5. Use the Pairs Principle to encourage love. That means two candles, two nightstands, two lights on top, two potted plants, two pillows, two chairs, etc. The Chinese symbol for love is Mandarin ducks. They signify love, romance, fidelity, affection, and loyalty in love.
6. Your bed should be placed in the commanding position of the room. This is to permit the widest possible vision. The door or entry to the room should be easily seen from the bed. And the head of the bed should be against a wall or against a corner. If you have nightstands, make sure one is on either side (a pair) and that the bed is accessible on three sides to attract and keep a partner. The bed should not be placed under a window.
7. The bedroom is for sleep and intimacy. No one should come into your room without your invitation. There should be no distractions such as workout equipment, a television, things that would remind you of work.
8. It is good to hang pink (heart-shaped) crystals and wind chimes in a sunny window to attract good love energy (yang).
9. Pictures of you as a child, your children or other relatives should also be removed from the bedroom or romance area. This space should be reserved for couples and should only display pictures of the two of you.
10. Dim lights will give the room a warm, inviting feeling. No harsh fluorescents or high wattage lighting, here.
While this is by no means the ultimate guide to Feng Shui for Romance, it is a good start. These ten tips will give your relationship area the boost it deserves and your romance the fulfillment it requires. Altar your space and you will altar your love life.
copywright 2005 Excerpted from the book, Romance on a Budget – www.romanceonabudget.net.
About the Author:
Heidi Richards is an Author, Professional Speaker, and Business Mentor. She is the owner of Eden Florist & Gift Baskets - www.edenflorist.com and the Founder & CEO of the Women’s ECommerce Association, International www.WECAI.org - an Internet organization that "Helps Women Do Business on the WEB." BASIC Membership is Free. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more articles by: Heidi Richards
Article Source: www.iSnare.com
COMMENTS: SAY SOMETHING!
3:40 PM, Maria
I'm stumbling through your blogs [discovered them through Blogher] and I think they are soo cool! How are you able to do that with blogger?! I had a dumpy blog in there LOL most likely due to lack of imagination. Though I'm now hosting my own site I'll give this hardy ol' blogger another try.
MariaKalesa ni Maria
- everyday life is an adventure
5:14 PM, The Imaginary Diva
Hi Maria. Thanks for dropping by. I design blog templates so I was able to customize this blog. A lot of pain. And a lot of frustration. I finally learned how to do curves :) Your site looks great too. Couldnt find a space to say hello...
Subscribe to The Diva Network